Many Windows 7 users are familiar at how to add a password to stop others from accessing their confidential computer data. But few users will know what to do when it comes to a forgotten Windows password. Here are 4 efficient Windows 7 password recovery methods you can use if you forgot Windows 7 password and cannot access your computer.
Method 1: Windows 7 Password Recovery with Reset Disk
Creating password reset disk is a built-in feature of MS Windows 7 system, which allows users to create a password reset disk by using an USB flash drive to in case of a lost or forgotten Windows 7 password. It is a precautionary measure as most Windows 7 users forgot the login password without a password reset disk at hand.
Free Windows 7 password recovery solution.
Very easy to create and use such a disk.
Need to create the disk before forgetting the password.
Only valid for the target Windows account.
1. Enter a wrong password when you attempt to log on.
2. Click OK, and then click “Reset password” on the logon screen.
3. Insert the password reset disk.
4. Follow the instructions to create a new password.
Method 2: Windows 7 Password Recovery with Safe Mode
Safe mode which starts Windows with a limited set of files and drivers helps you to diagnose and troubleshoot various computer problems. When you forgot Windows 7 password, you can also prefer safe mode to fix this problem.
Free and easy Windows 7 password recovery solution.
An administrator account is required to enter safe mode.
1. Repeatedly press F8 as the computer is booting.
2. Select Safe Mode on Windows Advanced Options Menu.
3. Enter safe mode with your administrator account.
4. Go to Control Panel to change or remove your password.
Method 3: Windows 7 Password Recovery with Shareware
Rekesoft Windows Password Recovery is an easy-to-use, safe and reliable Windows password recovery tool. It enables you to create a bootable CD or USB flash drive to reset the forgotten Windows 7 password to blank. So you can regain access to your computer without password